2013. február 17., vasárnap

Why I should stop playing Black Ops 2

So let's say you're an average casual player with a life who sometimes likes to play a bit of Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2. After a long workday you just wanna have some fun, so you decide to spend it with video games....

You feel lucky, and just as you pick your game type to find you immediately happen to join one without having to wait for timers. (Which is a different story I will cover later.) So yeah what a wonderful start, just jump right into a game because, you know who likes waiting.

But what happens is, your worst nightmare. You spawn. You die instantly because the enemy just happened to be there. Okay but why? Well you didn't have time to look at the scoreboard yet, because there's this announcement that says "Enemy whatever inbound." And some ridiculously overpowered score streak is unleashed on you, like Lightning Strike or anything that targets you from the air. And just before the announcer finishes informing me about the danger, you are already dead. Very useful announcement. And then score streak after score streak, you finally give up trying to stay alive, because there is just no way that you can run into cover so fast.

Then you look at the scoreboard and determine that the top enemy player has a ridiculously high K/D ratio somehow, I don't get how some people manage to do that, I'm a try-hard player who can never become as good as those insanely godlike guys, even after prestige level 6, it just never works. And what about my team? Nearly all of them have K/D < 1, and some have left already. So I'm in a fucked up situation where my K/D would only go worse if I myself didn't leave either. And you know what? You'd better leave, or it will hurt your stats too. Unless you don't give a damn about your stats.

So after a lot of thoughts on how you could become a better player, watching thousands of video guides on YouTube, you still cannot get a clue why you die so fast in a 1-on-1 encounter. All I see is I notice that guy, I start aiming, and before I get the chance to shoot my first bullet, I die. Somehow the enemy takes me out with the first bullet of that SMG he has. I look at the replay, and get surprised by looking at how many bullets he actually had to fire before I died on his screen. Enjoy the network lag. Even if you have a really fast connection that can handle very good download and upload speeds.

Anyway, back to finding a good class I can play with. Hmm this MSMC looks good, let's pick that. I start playing, and I am called a noob for using overpowered SMGs. What the hell? Okay let's pick an assault rifle. I am still called a noob for spraying. Oh come on! Fine, let's pick a shotgun. I am called a shotgun noob now for using a gun that kills instantly and is not a sniper rifle? Damn these guys have quite high expectations. Fine I'll pick that fast-fire-rate sniper rifle which is the first one on the list. (Excuse me for not knowing its name, I usually not snipe anyway.) Guess what I am still called a noob for guess what, still spraying. After a lot of deliberation I pick a very low fire-rate sniper rifle. Then I find myself camping a lot otherwise I am dead in no time. Then I'm called a camper. Oh for crying out loud!

So, again as a casual player I had to face the fact that if I want to enjoy this game, or at least have a little fun playing it, I have to just accept being called a noob. That's when I started changing my name to NoobTuber and picked assault rifles with grenade launcher attachment + RPG. Then I just didn't care if people started complaining because finally I had fun. Or I picked an LMG with a Target Finder and embraced the noob-style in sweet harmony. I just loved to play like a noob! It was happy with it! And finally I could influence the enemy so they could not unleash a lot of stupid airstrikes on us. Because god forbid, I have to say those score streaks are the most annoying part of the game.


And that's not the only thing I hate. Let's say you're in a queue, Hijacked is not votable, the other map is unpopular, people start leaving. You join another queue. 11/12 players joined, a 10-second countdown was started, cool you're in game soon. No, after the final 3 seconds someone joins, counter resets. Someone decides to leave, so you lost just another 7 seconds. When you're again at the last 3 seconds, someone fills the place of the guy who recently left, and it feels like you're never gonna start playing! What a stupid queue system really!

That says it all, I bought Black Ops 2 because I expected fun, but most of the time I got upset, destroyed a nice mouse by raging so much, but I still kept playing the game hoping one day I would become a better player, because everyone told me I would become a better player by practicing. While that is true to an extent, after 6 levels of prestiging I still don't think I am any better than those "I can do 30 kills with only 5 deaths" guys. And I don't understand how some people put up a complete gameplay on the YouTube saying, hey I almost hit that magic number of 100 kills! How come they never face so freaking hard to kill enemies like I do?

Maybe one more thing to add. Let's say you want to play really sneaky, then you would pick a gun with silencer attached to it. And you can just do that because silencers these days do not affect the weapon damage and range much, in fact the difference is kind of negligible. But I want to hear the beautiful sound of my gun, then what can I do? I have to put on Tactical Mask and Flak Jacket otherwise I am either hand-grenaded to hell or stunned/blinded to hell. The effects of those grenades take so long, you usually die if one manages to hit you. So you lose 1 point for not wanting to use a silencer. Just great. Kills the fun for me.

I really want to be wrong here, but I am starting to believe that the majority of the players are kids with no life, who can probably only think that their girlfriends judge them by their K/D. (Again I do not want to offend anyone but I can't help it.) But one thing for sure, right now I had enough of these kids, I had enough raging, enough bullshit I had to go through (not to mention so many players cheated in Modern Warfare 3), I'm done with it, bye bye Black Ops 2, and the hell with the DLC because I won't pay for more inevitable raging. I might be a loser at BO2, but I won't be a loser in real life at least. Games like Mass Effect 2 & 3 worth the money far more! And I won't go to bed with red-hot smouldering thoughs in my head after a long workday asking myself what the &@!* was that...

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése